Thursday, August 20, 2009

Hey, Did Warren Buffet Just Agree With Me?

By Bill Glynn

I’m in Good Company Finally on Debt and Deficit

Okay, I am not a national economic brand like Warren Buffet, but very proud to be “On the Money.” With that, I must say I do have a pretty large voice across the country and I have been ranting about the deficit and debt for two years. Finally, the big boys are going public with their vision of a catastrophe just waiting to happen to the entire U.S. economy that will be much worse than the financial crisis. Yes, I am frustrated and a bit red-in-the-face that I don’t have an Op Ed in the NY Times. But my book IOUSA NOT is coming out in the next few months. I do feel a great deal of pride in the “On the Money” track record I have built. The debt and deficit as I have been shouting about at the top of my lungs are cancer, brain trauma, suicide... It is simply not sustainable and with everything done over the past two years and foreseeable future, we are sunk. During the time of World War II, the nation had a deficit of 4% of GDP. We have triple that this year - 13% or $1.8 trillion. Here is the catch - what do you think the GDP back then was compared to today? These comparison figures are apples and oranges and astronomically different. This will come home to roost and be devastating - MARK MY WORDS! Dare I say again. [more...]

No comments: